Electro-Mechanical Assemblers (AM / PM Shifts)
We require experienced Electro-Mechanical Assemblers on our AM/PM Shift and are offering 3 month contracts to start. Depending on the needs of the business and individual performance, there may be opportunities for longer-term employment.
As a successful Assembler, you will be responsible for the assembly of Alpha's' evolving product family as part of the manufacturing process. The assembly activity will have to be performed in accordance with assembly drawings, internal guidelines and specifications as well as with the standard workmanship recommendations ensuring the highest standard of quality for the purpose of creating complete customer satisfaction towards achieving Alpha's mission of being a leading supplier in DC power systems and products to the global telecommunications market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strip, tin and solder wires
- Drill and tap holes
- Crimping lugs on wires and following wiring procedures
- Building and interconnecting final assemblies and sub-assemblies using production drawings
- Obtaining parts and supplies using proper procedures
- Completing paperwork as required and all tasks assigned by supervisor
Credentials & Experience:
- 2 years related experience
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs
- Experience crimping lugs on wires
Skills & Levels:
- Able to identify hardware type, length and size
- Able to safely operate small hand and power tools
- Safe lifting habits
- Ability to recognize wire types and gauges
- Able to work in all phases of assembly
- Knowledge of proper soldering techniques
- Read and interpret Bills of Materials
- Read and interpret travelers and schedules
- Read and interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Ability to build and interconnect final assemblies and sub-assemblies using production drawings
- Ability to follow wiring procedures
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor
- Good working knowledge of quality control and workmanship standards
- Follow verbal and written instructions accurately
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- PM Shift: 3:00pm to 11:30pm, Monday to Friday
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom,CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer's unique powering challenges.