Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Field Service Technicians ( West )
Due to the continuing growth of our Field Services business, Alpha Technologies Ltd. has an ongoing need for experienced telecommunications FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS to support our clients in Western Canada. We have both regular and casual employment opportunities in Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver.
Reporting to the Field Service Manager - West, the FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of a wide range of power products and telecommunications equipment at customer locations.
- Install, repair and upgrade power products for Alpha’s major accounts that include Bell, TELUS, AT&T and several others.
- Install, test, and commission Central Office Equipment (COE) at Alpha customer locations.
- Work with our Technical Services team to ensure that services provided meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Accurately record test results and complete field data reports.
- Remove and replace large DC lead acid, lithium and gel batteries.
- May work with alternative energy equipment including solar panels and associated equipment.
- Perform telecommunications field service work under the direction of the Field Service Manager.
Credentials & Experience:
- Diploma/Certificate of Technology (technology or power specialization) and/or minimum 3 years experience doing field work in the CATV, telecommunications and/or power industries.
- Knowledge of the installation and maintenance of DC power equipment, batteries, COE, RF, cable TV, IP and/or optical networks.
- Experience in fundamental COE installation, including rack and stack, cabling and integration.
- Able to quickly learn & follow industry safety best practices (previous training an asset).
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willing and able to travel extensively within Canada – mandatory.
- Schedule will vary depending on project client requirements.
- After-hour and weekend support may be required.
- Requirement to regularly travel to customer sites (paid by company).
NOTE: in our recruitment process, we will require a Criminal Record check and a Driver’s Abstract.
Please send your resume in MSWord or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line “Field Service Technician” and your preferred location (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver). We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
More about Alpha Technologies Ltd.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is a leader in the design, manufacture and servicing of powering solutions for the Telecom, Cable-Broadband, Traffic, Security, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. With over 35 years of expertise, Alpha is the expert for complete AC, DC and renewable energy powering solutions, including rugged UPS battery back-up and indoor and outdoor power enclosures. Alpha’s TL 9000 certified quality system and operational excellence program focuses on achieving complete customer satisfaction and supplying solutions of the highest quality and reliability.