Senior (5+ years of experience)
As a result of our continuing growth, Alpha Technologies Ltd. has an opportunity for a full-time experienced COMMODITY MANAGER: Electro-Mechanical + MRO./
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, and as a member of the Alpha Supplier Relationship Management Team, the COMMODITY MANAGER will be responsible for a multimillion dollar electro-mechanical + MRO (Maintenance, repair, and operations) portfolio including Hardware, Batteries, Fans, Cabling, and Breakers. The Commodity Manager will oversee the business relationship with our suppliers to ensure our supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements. This role requires coordination with the product management, production, material, and engineering teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing a procurement strategy and implementing a supplier development program with an integrated, long-term approach focused on quality, delivery, cost and innovation
- Competitive bid analysis, price negotiations and quarterly cost reductions
- Contract creation and negotiation
- Interface with planning and engineering to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Maintaining knowledge of market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Periodic travel to manufacturing sites including international travel
- Must be a problem solver with extensive negotiation experience of supply agreements with global suppliers and a proven track record in cost reduction
- Must be able to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Sense of urgency; ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives
- High level of personal accountability, Tenacious and ambitious
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
Credentials & Experience:
- Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering required. MBA preferred
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of ERP software. Syteline preferred
- Regular work hours are 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday – Friday, but as this is a customer and deadline-driven environment, flexibility is required to perform work outside of normal business hours.
Please send your resume and cover letter in MSWord to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer’s unique powering challenges.