Senior (5+ years of experience)
As a result of our continuing growth, Alpha Technologies Ltd. has an opportunity for a seasoned, service-oriented BUSINESS ANALYST (BA) to join our Business Process & Systems group at our Burnaby location.
Reporting to the Director of Business Processes and Systems, the BA will work with process owners and business leaders to analyze and improve business processes, define requirements to support new processes and configure or develop reports or programs. This role will be responsible for managing projects with multiple cross-functional team members.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborating with business process owners/users to design and implement improved processes and tools to support the business.
- Defining requirements for new processes, tools and reports and working with developers or consultants to provide solutions that meet the requirements of the business.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as required by management.
- Supporting Enterprise applications including SyteLine ERP, Salesforce, PLM and related reporting, ensuring upgrade capability.
- Working with the e-solutions team to test and upgrade systems/solutions when required.
- Defining new web applications and supporting the web developer as required.
- Responsible for managing project deadlines for defined tasks/projects; documenting, tracking and facilitating project discussions and action items.
- Help with end user setup and troubleshooting.
- Tracking of work progress and project status on a project-by-project basis.
- Working with the business leaders to prioritize open work and ensure the projects are delivering the highest value.
Credentials & Experience:
- A degree or diploma in computer systems or business is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in business or systems analysis in a high-tech manufacturing and service environment.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, SSRS and Business Intelligence.
- Business or Business Analysis experience with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Service.
- Good understanding of financial and operational reporting.
- Superior written and verbal communications (fluent in English) skills essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with internal customers including senior leadership, multi-disciplined team members and external consultants.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing implementation of changes.
- Ability to function in an ever-changing work environment Ability to work to achieve deadlines with strong time management skills.
- Regular work hours are Monday – Friday, but as this is a customer- and deadline-driven environment, flexibility is required to perform work outside normal business hours.
Please send your resume and cover letter in MSWord to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is a leader in the design, manufacture and servicing of powering solutions for the Telecom, Cable-Broadband, Traffic, Security, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. With over 35 years of expertise, Alpha is the expert for complete AC, DC and renewable energy powering solutions, including rugged UPS battery back-up and indoor and outdoor power enclosures. Alpha’s TL 9000 certified quality system and operational excellence program focuses on achieving complete customer satisfaction and supplying solutions of the highest quality and reliability.