Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I initiate an RMA? I need to send my unit for repair.
Cordex CXC Series Controllers
1. What does the Controller do in case of an invalid voltage reading?
2. What is the Communication Protocol between CXC and its peripherals?
3. If a Rectifier is in "Power Save" mode and it loses communication with the CXC, what will happen?
4. How often are the analog values in logs updated (for example, the "Current" information in the Statistics log)?
5. How many CAN devices can the controller communicate with?
6. On CXC series controllers, which one has internal battery?
7. How do I wire the Digital Input?
8. How many temperature probes can I use and connect to the CXC controller?
9. What is the default IP factory address for the CXC controller?
10. What is the Username and Password?
11. Making changes with some parameters, when I hit Submit Changes, nothing happens.
12. Log-in in to the controller using my laptop, the web does not show up some information.
13. What is a TC Sensor Fail Alarm? How can I clear it?
14. What is a Temp Sensor 1, 2 or 3 Fail?
15. What is Battery Runtime Low?
16. What is Battery Capacity Low?
17. What is a Battery OverTemp Alarm?
18. How can I trigger a Battery On Discharge Alarm?
19. How can trigger a System Minor Alarm?
20. How can I trigger a System Major Alarm?
21. I’m doing commissioning work and I want to simulate a Rectifier Minor and Major Alarm, how can I do it?
22. How can I check the alarm history in the controller?
23. If I have similar systems, how can I copy a configuration file from one system to the other?
24. How can I rename a Text Label?
25. Getting numerous traps even though there is no alarm on the controller, how can I fix it?
26. Just replaced a rectifier and still controller is showing a Comms Lost alarm, how to clear the alarm?
Cordex HP Controller
1. What is the Username and Password?
2. What is the default IP address for the Ethernet ports?
3. Where can I find Inventory Update?
4. Where is the Custom Signals?
Refer to the Software Manual and look for Using Custom Data.
5. Where can I configure load Current and battery Current Source?
6. A Bus State Alarm (CAN1 or 2) is present in the system. There is no device connected to the CAN.
7. Where can I change the setting so that the controller will be able to automatically assign (recognized) the rectifiers?
8. I just removed a rectifier from the shelf and controller is giving me a “Rectifier Comms Lost” Alarm. How can I clear it?
- Have to make the controller forget the module. Go to Modules then Rectifiers. On the module with Communications Lost alarm, click on then Forget.
- Also in the Modules > Unassigned Modules, there is an option for “Forget All in Comms Lost”.
9. How can I back-up the configuration in the controller?
10. Trying to add 2nd temp probe for battery temperature reading, the controller is not accepting it. How can I fix it?
1. Getting Sub-Converter Alarm or Intermittent alarm on Cordex 24-48 Converter modules. The load current are not sharing evenly and jumping all over the place, how can I correct this?
1. What is the load sharing tolerance between rectifiers?
2. What is a True Fail Alarm?
3. What are Minor Alarms?
4. What are Major Alarms?
5. For the Cordex 48-3.6KW and 4.0KW shelf, if I used a CXCM4 on the first slot, do I need to wire AC feed into it?
1. In an Indoor Vista Cabinet, what are the main causes of getting a Distribution CB Alarm?
- A breaker is in the tripped position.
- Wrong breaker is used, must all be a Mid-Tripped type breaker.
- A conductive material; i.e. a piece of wire, is trapped at the back of the distribution alarm board causing a contact between the board pattern and the main hot bus.
- For more information, click on the link for a you tube video with detailed troubleshooting process. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIRux-EgtY&feature=player_embedded
1. Why is the input breaker and wire feed size larger when you have MBS on the same Amps80 rating?
The amount of apparent power is higher than the real power and the Amps80 corrects the difference.
2. What is Input Source?
3. What is AC input mode?
4. What does alarm 244 means?
1. What is the default password?
2. Have changed the default password, is there a back door password?
3. Can’t log-in via web interface, how can I reset the IP address to factory default?
4. During a short circuit condition, how long can this be sustained?
- Normally, the short circuit current is double the current rating.
5. What is the Over Load Condition for the FXM units?
6. Is there a way to power cycle the output of the unit?
7. The UPS is showing “Weak Battery” alarm, battery was replaced and still showing the alarm, how to clear the alarm?
8. Is there any effect on the unit’s functionality if Temp probe is not connected?
9. Is the Neutral between AC input and output connected together?
1. What is the baud rate setting to connect to a UPS.
2. What is the default username and password for the USHA?
What is the correct mounting kit for Bypas Switch 017-183-24?
SE48-1616 (Formerly AOES6)