Ensuring Smart Grid Reliability
Alpha is the ultimate "Smart Grid Enabler," a company that can provide power solutions to ensure your entire critical Smart Grid infrastructure is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We leverage our long history and experience in reliable, rugged outdoor power systems within the Telecommunication and Cable industries, engineering reliable back-up power solutions that protect critical supporting sensors, measurement and monitoring systems during power interruptions to the grid.
- Alpha offers the PV Power System, an enhanced version of our DC Power System that supports our CATV customers.
- This system allows customers to offset their expensive grid power by adding a solar subsystem that provides power during peak times.
- Utilities may reduce demand on the grid by using the stored energy in the batteries.
With the future of power heavily invested into the success of a heavily instrumented Smart Grid, can you afford not to have reliable back up power in place?
- Learn why the Smart Grid will fail without backup power by downloading our Whitepaper
- Learn about Alpha's Smart Grid Solutions by downloading our Smart Grid Brochure
For more information on Alpha Technologies/Corvus Energy/University of British Columbia - "Living Lab" Program, please visit:
Alpha Technologies/Corvus Energy/University of British Columbia - “Living Lab” Program: Developing an Energy Management System (EMS) for a Network of Alpha Distributed Energy Resources (DERs)
Vancouver campus deploys new $5.1M ‘smart grid’ energy storage system
Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBC