Line Power is rapidly emerging as a new alternative to using local power as means of powering Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH), DAS and DSLAMs.
Telcos are beginning to use line power to ensure the subscribers receive the same high level of quality and reliability they are accustomed to, even during extended commercial power outages. By using centralized power and COE battery backup, Telcos distribute the power across normal copper pairs to power the ONT, Antenna system or DSLAM, eliminating the need for AC power and batteries at the house or venue, thus improving network reliability and customer satisfaction.
To support emerging applications, Alpha Technologies introduced its next generation of line power solutions, including the Cordex HP LPS36, LPR12-30, LPR12-60, LPR48-30, LPR48-60, SR-12190 and eLimiter+, in addition to our steadfast CSM46 and CSM56 series of DC-DC converters.
Alpha Technologies offers an extensive assortment of line power products that are reliable, field proven options for remote network powering.
- Cordex HP LPS36 -48Vdc to +/-=190Vdc Line Power System
- Cordex HP LPS36 Compact -48Vdc to ±190Vdc Compact OSP Line Power System
- CSM46 +/-190V to 48V DC-DC Down Converter
- CSM56 -/-190V to 48V DC-DC Down Converter
- LPR12-30, LPR12-60, LPR48-30, LPR48-60 +/-190Vdc to 12Vdc or 48Vdc Line Power HP Remote Supply Unit
- Cordex HP LPS04 -48Vdc to +/-190Vdc Quad Line Power Up-Converter Unit
- LPR48-150-IP68 ±190Vdc to -48Vdc Line Powering Remote Down-Converter Unit
- AlphaCap 350 and 665 Short Duration Backup and Supply Module
- eLimiter+ 100VA Class 2 Distribution System
- Aggregator Class 2 Circuit Aggregation Device LPS04
Documents and Resources
- Alpha Power Solutions Catalog
- White Paper: Power the ONT: A Comparison of Line Power and Local Power Architectures
- White Paper: Designing Line Power Networks for FTTH Applications
- OSP Magazine (June 2011 Issue): A New Twist for an Old Technology: Line Power as a New Spin to Reliable FTTH Power Needs
- OSP Game Changers LIVE Studio Interview 2013: Line Power for FTTP Networks
- OSP TV 2014: Alpha Technologies’ Kevin Borders on network resiliency, line power, and other innovations